01 August 2011

Cheddar Alfredo Mac'n'Cheese

Confession: I love boxed mac and cheese.  I never really liked my mom's homemade stuff when I was growing up, but I loved the stuff from the box. Unfortunately, I ran out of the boxed stuffed so I decided I could try my hand at some homemade stuff the other day.  Cook some noodles, make a white sauce add in some cheese, not too difficult right? And it wasn't. Unfortunately, all I had in my cupboard was half a bag of rainbow Rotini so my ratio of sauce to noodles was a little off; fortunately, it was in favor of the sauce. I decided to throw in some garlic and some Parmesan which gave it kind of an Alfredo taste and since it seems like you have to have some bread crumbs or something on top I went for more cheese flavor and crushed up some gold fish. It was delicious.

Cheddar Alfredo Mac and Cheese
  • 1 12 oz  package rotini or pasta of your preference.
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 2 Tablespoons flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1/2 shredded Parmesan.
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Crushed Cheese cracker

Prepare pasta according to package directions. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Mix in four to make a paste then add milk and garlic.  Bring to a boil. Lower temperature and add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking sauce until cheese is just melted.  Put prepared pasta in a casserole dish. Pour cheese sauce over  pasta. Top with remaining shredded cheese and crushed crackers. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.

1 comment :

  1. this looks like a cheesy mess of goodness :) definetly will try sometime this week. ill let u know how it turns out:)

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...